WELCOME...
While only half-complete, the Captain Meriwether Lewis dustpan dredge was launched in December 1931 by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The Corps completed construction the following year. The Captain Meriwether Lewis National Historic Landmark is one of the few surviving examples of its type built to control flooding and improve navigation along the Nation's rivers.

Today, the Captain Meriwether Lewis remains as a historic museum vessel along the banks of the Missouri River, in the Brownville's Riverside Park. It is operated by a non-profit organization, the Meriwether Lewis Foundation, and houses the Museum of Missouri River History.


Like us on facebook & stay updated!

Captain Meriwether Lewis Foundation, P.O. Box 145, Brownville, Nebraska , 68321
LewisDredgeFoundation@gmail.com